You can find out the facts and figures about the Mongolia. Mongolia is a sovereign state with the lowest density of population in the world, with only 2 people per square kilometer
1. Mongolia is the sovereign state with the lowest population density in the world , with only 2 people per square kilometer.
2. The old Mongolian language is the only language of the world in which it is written upside down, but now the version in Cyrillic alphabet is used.
3. About half of the population of Mongolia lives in the capital, Ulan Bator. This is the only city in Mongolia with more than 100,000 inhabitants.
4. Ulaanbaatar is the coldest national capital in the world , with an average temperature of -0.4 ° C.
5. The predominant religion in Mongolia is Buddhism, with 53% of the population. 39% of the population is not religious.
6. There are more Mongols live outside Mongolia there. Most of them live in Mongolia Interior, in China .
7. The Mongol Empire was the largest empire in terms of surface, with a maximum extension of 33,000,000 square kilometers, ranging from the peninsula in present-day South Korea to the Danube River in present-day Romania.
8. The highest point in Mongolia is the Khüiten Peak, located in the west of the country. It has a height of 4,374 meters above sea level. It also marks the triple border between Mongolia , Russia and China .
9. 1/3 of the population of Mongolia living in extreme poverty.
10. 37% of the population of Mongolia is under 18 years.
11. 30% of the population of Mongolia ‘s nomadic or semi – nomadic.
12. The Gobi desert, located in southern Mongolia and northern China , is the largest desert in Asia.
13. The average height is 1,500 meters above sea level country, one of the highest in the world .
14. The Orkhon River is the longest river in Mongolia , with a length of 1,124 km.
15. The railway Trans goes from Ulan-Ude in Russia, continues in Ulaanbaatar and ends in Beijing, China . It has a length of 2,215 km.